When visiting our websites – www.biadvisors.com or www.biadvisors.business – a third party provider which has been certified as meeting required data privacy standards records certain navigational information, including the IP address from which you are contacting the site and your browsing history. This information is never sold or used other than in support of our business service offerings.
- recognize your device and provide you with a personalized experience;
- attribute visits to our website from third-party sources like LinkedIn and other third-party vendors
Cookies and Opt-Out Procedures
Cookies are small text files a website uses to recognize repeat users, facilitate the user’s ongoing access to the site, and facilitate the use of the site. Cookies also allow a site to track usage behavior and compile site-usage information that will allow for the improvement of content.
Effective Date: January 2019
Business Intelligence Advisors, Inc. and its affiliates (“BIA,” “we,” or “us”) is committed to protecting your information.
This Policy applies to BIA and any entities doing business under the BIA name, including Insight International, a Division of BIA.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or questions, requests or concerns regarding your information, please contact us via email at the following addresses: DataPrivacy@biadvisors.com
The Company is the data controller and has its principal place of business at 100 High Street, Boston, MA 02110.
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information We Collect
- Choices about Use of Your Information
- Information Security
- International Data Transfers
- Access to Personal Information/Data Subject Rights
- Questions, Complaints, and Dispute Resolution
- Changes to this Policy
- Information We Collect
We collect information from various sources and methods as described below.
Sources of Information
We collect information about you from the following sources:
- When your company establishes a relationship with BIA that requires our communication with you as an employee or affiliate of the company;
- When you provide information to us when visiting our website or other client web interface;
- When you provide information to us when registering to attend or while attending a Company event either sponsored by the Company or by your firm;
- We use directly or through third parties automated means (such as cookies or navigational tracking mechanisms) to collect data when you access our website or client web interfaces;
- We receive referrals from existing clients and others;
- We collect or receive data from third parties, including, in some cases, publicly available information or directories, as part of our client research efforts and for marketing and prospecting activities.
Types of Information
From the sources listed above, we collect the following types of information:
- Name, business email address, phone number, physical address
- Firm affiliation and job title
- LinkedIn profile data
- Navigational information regarding visits to BIA’s website and other client web interfaces such as your IP address and pages viewed (For information about how to opt out, please see “Choices About Use of Your Information” below.)
- We do not collect sensitive information through our BIA web site or other client web interfaces.
Information Collected Automatically
When you use our website or client web interfaces we automatically collect and analyze, directly or through third party service providers, certain information which may include how you access the sites, unique browser identifiers, IP addresses, as well as your interactions with our website and client web interfaces, as applicable.
When you access the Company’s client web interfaces, the sites will store an authentication token to recall your login user ID.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use your information as follows:
- For our legitimate interests in conducting our business, such as:
- To fulfill your and your company’s requests;
- To respond to your questions or customer service inquiries;
- To manage and otherwise communicate with you about services provided under relationships with your company;
- To carry out certain marketing activities;
- To publish and maintain attendee lists for our events;
- To meet legal requirements.
We generally retain information for so long as it is relevant to the purposes above. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
We do not sell any of the information collected or otherwise disclose such information to unaffiliated third parties. Certain third parties with whom we contract for services may collect and store information on our behalf, as part of the information processing services they provide to us. In each such instance, these providers have met required data privacy standards and are prohibited from selling or disclosing this information. BIA reserves the right to disclose your information to the extent that such disclosure is, in our reasonable judgment, required by law or legal process.
Choices About Use of Your Information
We will respect your wishes not to receive marketing communications. You can change your marketing preferences by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you gave us your email address to receive communications from BIA, you can opt out at any time by using the unsubscribe links or instructions included at the bottom of our emails. Please note that we will continue to send you service-related communications regardless of any opt-out request if these are required as part of an on-going relationship between BIA and your company. We will not sell or share your information with third parties for their own promotional or marketing purposes.
Commercial Nature of Web Site and Client Web Interfaces
BIA maintains its website and client web interfaces exclusively for the use of professionals employed by its client companies. The products and services are offered solely for commercial B2B applications. No content on any of BIA’s web sites is intended for children or individuals under the age of 18.
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help prevent unauthorized access. Despite these measures, no data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit via our websites, client web interfaces or email systems.
We make efforts to restrict access to information to only those employees, contractors, and agents who need such access in order to operate, develop, improve, or deliver our products and services.
Please note that you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your credentials used to access any account or service with the Company, and you must report suspected unauthorized activity to us. You are responsible for activity conducted with your credentials.
International Data Transfers
BIA has offices only in the United States, but some of our clients are located internationally. Depending on your country of residence, when you provide information to us, we will transfer that information to our facilities in the United States. In addition, information may be shared with third parties with whom BIA contracts for services and these parties may maintain operations or servers outside of the United States. Privacy laws in these countries may not provide protections equivalent to those of your country of residence, and your government may or may not deem such protections adequate.
Access to Your Information/Data Subject Rights
You can request access to information we hold about you, ask us to correct any information that may be inaccurate, and/or ask us to block or delete such information and object to the processing of information (within the limits of applicable law). In situations where we process your information on behalf of our clients, we may refer the request to the relevant client and cooperate with their handling of the request, subject to any special contractual arrangement with that client. To access, correct, or raise inquiries about your information in our possession, please email us at DataPrivacy@biadvisors.com or contact:
Data Protection Officer
100 High Street,
617 226 2607
We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification before fulfilling your request.
Questions, Complaints, and Dispute Resolution
If you have any questions about this Policy or how the Company processes your information, please email us at: DataPrivacy@biadvisors.com .
Any complaints about our adherence to the practices described in this Policy should first be directed to the Company’s Data Protection Officer at DataPrivacy@biadvisors.com. We will attempt to answer your questions and satisfy your concerns in a timely and complete manner as soon as possible.
If you are an EU data subject and your complaint is not resolved after discussing the matter with us, we will work to resolve the matter, through cooperation with the relevant European privacy regulator. Formal complaints regarding our data protection practices and related actions regarding information from countries outside the EU may be addressed directly to the relevant data protection authority in your country.
Effective Date: January 2019